Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Thursday, October 25, 2012

Time for...

Time to stop texting. Time to stop posting. Time to stop talking. Time to stop worrying and calling a friend to make you feel better. Time to stop pointing fingers and placing blame. Time to stop reasoning and replaying events, doctors reports, cure rates, offenses, hurts, words negatively spoken over you, gossip, and what the latest pole says about our nation in you mind.

It is to time to pray and live in faith. It is time to start a LIST in your home of what you are thankful for. Do it as an individual, family, business, club, or team. It is time to enter into HIS gates with Thanksgiving and praise. It is time to remind yourself that the Lord has NEVER turned HIS back on you and that He never will! We live in a fallen world, but Jesus has not fallen. He is alive and well in the hearts of His people. If you do not know Jesus as your Savior, it is time to get that right.

Let our words and worries for our local community and our town cease. Let our prayers begin!

If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14.

Faith is knowing Jesus is present when the trial begins. We have to, as believers, stop panicking at the first and grumbling through a trial, then praising our Father at the END that He was faithful. Let's begin to pray through the hard times, trust Him all along the way.

On the visual here, we as a community of believers need to go for option #2.

#1 is better than nothing, but 2 is living with FAITH!

Time to pray today and move forward in faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment