Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, October 31, 2012

T.V changes


If you would have told me when I was in college and taping Days of Our Lives and THE REAL WORLD that I was going to one day come home from 8:30 til 11:00 most days to cook dinner, clean, and turn on Christian television shows, I would have laughed and probably thrown a drink in your face! Oh, the grace of God and 15 years!

Just today, Beth Moore on James Robinson said the most simple, profound thing: she said "Jesus Christ changes lives!"

Bishop Jakes belted out these statements:

Nothing will teach you to pray like trouble.

Grace may give u a thorn to keep you from being high and mighty.

Life will make you a prayer warrior.

Joyce is sharing a word and this struck me: looking at the problem will give you worry. Looking at God will give you faith.

I am encouraged! I am ready to face the world. Search your tv and radio for some good news and a good word!

No comments:

Post a Comment