Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pressing on...

Why is it that somedays just seem to flow and others, well... They seem like a fight or like a disaster, a total nightmare? I sure don't have an answer, but I do know that hard days are usually days that we are run and ruled by our feelings and that life is just so full of questions we could just scream! My better days are the ones that I keep my feelings in check and focus on the truth. A truth that will always give me some pep in my step or some HOPE in my day that seems to be absent of HOPE is this one "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God had called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
Hebrews 3:12-14.

Praying today for those who need the HOPE to press on. Our only goal in life has to be a relationship with Jesus and life here on earth with Him, followed by eternity in heaven. If you need that, ask Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment