Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Father/daughter arm wrestle

Three of my four children can now wrestle me on the trampoline and get me to the point that all I can utter is MERCY! I seem to be growing older and weaker. They seem to just be growing.

Banner bragged on her strength being superior to mine last night and then went on to say she could beat her daddy too. He laughed and suggested they just start with an arm wrestling match right then, right there at the table.

He let her carry on for a few minutes and then proved himself by only using half of his strength to beat her. Poor baby! That was my first thought. My second thought was: did she really think she could beat him? She would need to call in the army of her younger siblings and me to help her. The task will not ever be done alone.

When they began, she was full of herself! When they were finished, she was back to reality, knowing that her daddy is pretty strong. He gently provided her with a reality check by demonstrating his power and told her that she will need daddy around for a while longer!

Reminds me of myself when I think I can do anything alone! I can't. I fail daily when I step out alone at home, at work, anywhere and everywhere I go
without the help of my Father.

One of my life verses is: "I am the vine. You are the branches. If man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit, apart from me you will do nothing.". John 15:5.

This verse is a biggie! We can do nothing without HIM! We will loose every time we step out alone. Are you connected to the Lord today or trying to do this thing called life alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment