Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Just a coincidence?

Last Friday I had to make a trip to Atwoods in Corsicana to pick up a few tree stands for the Monico boys. On the way out, I spotted a larger than life canister of PIK-NIKs, otherwise known as "The original shoestring potatoes. ". I bought them for Bosque because they are usually his snack of choice when we run into Rob's. I pondered the purchase and decided that he deserved a treat since his foot had a head-on collision earlier with a scorpion in the kitchen.

We walked out of school that afternoon about 4:30 too pooped to party and he said"Mom, do you know what I really wish I had for my snack today...some pick-NIKs". I nearly fell out because he had no clue that sitting in the back of my car was a can of then waiting on him. I thought...what a blessing! I was in the right place at the right time and made my kid's day!

Another one today: a friend came by the library and shared with us that her DR had recommended a extensive and complex procedure. I told her about my easier one and my DR. The phone rang and another friend standing there got a call from her DR about the same simple procedure that I had just mentioned within the last 2 or 3 minutes. Suddenly there was another option for our friend in need and it seems to be a much simpler solution.

Simply conversations of coincidence? I don't think so. I see it as divine intervention! When was the last time you had someone on your mind and the phone rang with them on the other end of the line? The Lord is at work. We must recognize it.

When the next challenge comes up or mood turns "sour" like mine did tonight, remember how the Lord has orchestrated the details in the past and that He will again.

Psalms 71:17 says "Since my youth, O God, you have taught me and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.".

Keep on declaring and He will keep on working!

No comments:

Post a Comment