Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The dog mess

My Bosque has been blessed with a strong sense of smell, at least on some days we call it a blessing when things in his surroundings smell pleasant! Today that was not the case because he discovered some dog mess on his shoe right after we left the house.

I am glad we were early to school because I had to do a major operation on his shoe before he would go into school, being suspicious of even the slightest odor. He prides himself on his personal care and covers himself from head to toe in AxE body spray every morning before he leaves the house so the dog poop odor was not going to cut it.

Right after I finished the "mission clean shoe" and sent Bosque on his way, I saw an ex student that I knew was moving today. I was able to stick a paper towel made card for him on his mom's window to wish him luck! It struck me that a blessing came to me because I was delayed at school and had to take care of the mess!

This week has been so humbling for me! The Lord is reminding me day after day to take care of my own personal messes in my life and that His blessings will follow. Such a humbling thought to think where I would be without Jesus in my life! I guess a MESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment