Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Wednesday, October 3, 2012

One problem, one play, one pitch

Sitting here at the table helping Bosque w subtraction and he has to borrow! He gets ahead of himself and starts crossing out numbers trying to borrow before he even knows he has to. He has torn a one inch hole in his paper from erasing. He can't seem to go one step at a time!

I'm watching the Rangers and can't help but think the players and their fans may suffer from the same issue as Bosque... Not being able to just deal with one pitch, one out, one game at a time. I already had myself at the World Series again and now there may be a play off game Friday to decide their fate.

Humans tend to struggle with taking one day, one play at a time. Our minds go to what's next instead of what's now. We worry about what COULD happen and rob ourselves of present joy!

There are many scriptures that teach this. Today I will go with the one that hangs in my hallway: Be still and know that I am God. Psalms 46:10.

Take a deep breath and say it out loud!

Be still, rest in the fact that God is God and live life one day at a time, one play at a time, one problem at a time!


No comments:

Post a Comment