Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Monday, October 22, 2012

Last volleyball game, one team!

There is Something pretty amazing about being in my OLD junior high gym watching the 7th grade girls play Mexia and now watching the 8th grade girls warm up.

The varsity volleyball girls just strolled in to watch and parked themselves, still in workout gear and with schoolbags, in the bleachers. So cute!!!

It is almost like the older team couldn't stand it. They just got up and went over to stand on the other side of the gym to be closer to the 8th graders and support them in their "Pregame" activities. Some dance, some just smile, some grab wild serves and gently toss them back to an 8th graders.

I just munch on popcorn and take it all in. There is laughter, music, and lots of conversation

Teamwork at its best is when different age groups are all together supporting each other, setting an example for each other, and knowing that really we are one team! The example being set here today makes me so thankful that I live in and am blessed enough to raise my kids in Fairfield!

I call it unity. I pray for unity for family, school, church, and community. We are building more here than just good teams. We are building lives together. We are called to build well!

Will you help someone today build well and show them Jesus?

High school students: you are building a younger persons life whether you realize it or not because they look up to you!

Teachers: we build lives daily! May the Lord fill us up so we can overflow...even at 3:15 when we are tired!

Parents: ask the Lord to help you build today with love and kindness.

Support someone today on your TEAM and show them that you LOVE them by the example you set.

No comments:

Post a Comment