Why a blog?

I was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and soon began journaling my walk in our local paper and continuing my dream to be a writer. You meet me in between taxing kids to and fro, baking cupcakes, feeding chickens, running up and down my dirt road, fishing, sweeping the floors, stuffing the clean laundry in bathroom cabinets, researching how to get a book published, studying my next Bible Study lesson, or perhaps sitting on my back porch in the country watching my husband's deer and my purple martins. To say I am blessed is only the beginning!















Monday, October 15, 2012

Light it up!

Blaise got some new socks that are supposed to glow in the dark. They have to be activated...go figure! They are activated by light. She had out her Dad's high powered flashlight yesterday trying to charge them up! I am ashamed to say that I am not sure of the final outcome, but she sported them today in high fashion.

Her little light shining on the socks reminded me that we all have a light to shine. Jesus is the real light. He is the true source of all light, but uses us to do His work. He desires to shine through each of us.

I have seen people all around me shining today. Banner, the oldest Monico, was shining bright when she nicely encouraged and helped the crew get ready this morning. Grandparents were shining at volleyball games and the elementary students were shining today at the pumpkin patch. Bosque was my shining light tonight because he helped pass out food here in Fairfield and said when he is a teenager and can drive, that he will be driving up to town on Mondays to help.

Your light is either on of off, have you invited Jesus into your heart?

Maybe you are the only light around at home, work, or school. Shine bright because you may be responsible for witnessing to those closest to you

We all shine in different ways. Don't compare yourself to others! (Personality Plus by Florence Littauner helped me learn this.)

Check out Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala to get your light brighter if you feel dim.

Blessings to you today. SHINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment